Festival of Learning 2016
Key provincial teaching and learning support groups are working together for the first time to bring this rich and diverse professional learning opportunity to all our colleagues in higher education. The Festival of Learning will bring together a number of established groups and well-attended annual provincial events under one banner including the Open Textbook Summit.
The Festival of Learning is a unique, four-day celebration of learning and teaching in higher education in British Columbia to be held June 6 – 9, 2016 at the Delta Hotel & Conference Centre in Burnaby, B.C.
To find out more and register for the Festival of Learning, click here.
Open Textbook Summit 2015
The Open Textbook Summit 2015 took place May 28-29, 2015, bringing together leaders in the Open Textbook field, faculty who are reviewing, adopting and developing Open Textbooks, student advocates, librarians, institutional administrators, government officials, and policy staff. Archives from the event:
- Video of the keynote presentations from day 1 and 2
- Speakers presentation slides (SlideShare)
- Live blog the 2 day event
- Photos capturing summit highlights (Flickr)
SFU Harbour Centre in downtown Vancouver, B.C.
2015 Keynote Speakers:
- Dr. Rajiv Jhangiani, Psychology Professor at Kwantlen Polytechnic University, British Columbia and BCcampus Faculty Fellow. View presentation.
- Chardaye Bueckert, Student, Simon Fraser University, British Columbia and Erik Queenan, Student, Mount Royal University, Alberta. View presentation.
To find out more about our Open Textbook Project contact email@example.com or visit Open.BCcampus.ca. For notification of Open Textbook Summit 2016 details follow @BCOpenText or sign up for the BCcampus newsletter.